10 YEAR INSTALLATION SERVICES WARRANTY FOR SOLAR SYSTEMS
At Renew Era we offer a 10 year warranty on the installation services relating to our solar systems.
This means that if a solar system installed by us fails or breaks within 10 years due to defective performance of our installation services we will fix it or replace it.
Details of the warranties offered on each product which forms an element of your solar system (such as solar panels, inverters and mounting frames) are available at renew-era.com.au.
This warranty is transferable by the original purchaser of the solar system to any subsequent purchaser of the premises at which the solar system is installed.
This warranty only comes into effect once we have received all amounts owing from you in relation to the solar system and title to the solar system has passed to you. In the case of finance,
This warranty will no longer be valid if:
- anyone other than an Renew Era’s installer, contractor or other Renew Era’s authorized person works on (including repairing or altering) the solar system at any time; or
- you fail to comply with all reasonable instructions of Renew Era (whether written or verbal) in relation to the operation and care of the solar system.
This warranty does not cover:
- repaired breaks or any joins to sensor wire or any damage caused to sensor wire;
- isolation switches;
- your existing electrical installation, wiring or fuse box;
- normal fair wear and tear;
- any malicious damage or abuse;
- damage caused by vermin, animals or pests;
- corrosion, oxidization, discolouration by mould, or the like;
damage caused by ‘acts of God’, improper voltage or power surges, accidents or other acts
beyond our reasonable control;
- any damage to your property caused by the solar system failing or breaking;
any alterations to your property which are a necessary consequence of the provision of the
installation services; or
any damage of any kind that was not reasonably foreseeable or that could not have been expected to result from:
o a failure to provide the installation services as required by your agreement with us; and/or o the installation services failing to meet any consumer guarantee set out in the Australian
Australian Consumer Law Guarantees and Remedies
Our installation services come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law.
In the case of a problem with any installation services which is not defined as a ‘major failure’ under the Australian Consumer Law and which is capable of being remedied, you must provide us with an opportunity to remedy the problem free of charge within a reasonable time.
In the case of a problem with any installation services which is defined as a ‘major failure’ under the Australian Consumer Law or which is not capable of being remedied, you are entitled to:
- cancel your agreement with us and get a refund; or
get compensation for the difference in value of the installation services delivered and what
was paid for by you.
- You are also entitled to compensation for any reasonably foreseeable loss or damage resulting from:
- our failure to provide the installation services as required by your agreement with us; and/or
- the installation services failing to meet any consumer guarantee under the Australian Consumer Law.
- We will not be liable to you for any personal injury or any loss or damage of any kind that was not reasonably foreseeable or that could not have been expected to result from the circumstances set out above.